My Ruby Story is a podcast that discovers stories of Ruby developers from around the world. This show is a great source of inspiration for new developers, as it shows the incredible variety of reasons people got into professional software engineering.
I was featured in My Ruby Story episode #088, where I explained how I got into programming in general, and how I’ve become a Ruby developer.
- Wanted to become a programmer since I was around 9 because “programmers make games”
- Started with scripts and game modes San Andreas Multiplayer
- Advanced into web development with PHP, jQuery
- Learned different languages in parallel, including in university
- Fell in love with Python
- Tried to get a job as Python developer, they offered Ruby. I accepted